Wild flowers in a Lincolnshire hedgerow

Whilst I was out taking the lily pictures I posted up yesterday, I spotted these flowers growing in the hedgerow at the front of our property.


I think they are wild fennel flowers but I'm not sure.



I was drawn to them by the abstract formation of their flowers. The way each little flower head combines together to make an architectural masterpiece is outstanding.



Zooming in on the flower head reveals that each group of flowers are made up of little parcels almost the shape of miniature pumpkins (very miniature).

This post shows that not all beautiful flowers have to be cultivated. There are masterpieces just growing amongst the hedgerows.


1 comment:

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful shots, yellow flowers always seem so cheerful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...