Ruby Red Macro - The Brenda Photo Challenge.

As part of the Brenda Photo Challenge I bring to you today

 Ruby Red Macro.


When thinking about what I could bring to you under the guise of Ruby Red Macro my first thought was of a red flower. Typically no red flowers where in bloom in our garden, so, looking around the house I came across this little green frog, holding a ruby red flower.

I thought at first I would just bring you the one photograph today but whilst sat at my computer thinking about this post I glanced in my mug of tea sat next to me and realised that the inside of the mug is ruby red. 


So grabbing my camera again I bring you a Ruby Red mug of tea. I think the bubbles that had formed along the edge of the tea lend that little extra panache to the photo.

Check out the other entrants to Brenda's Photo Challenge at:


17 comments:

Ann said...

The first one is beautiful and that second one I just find totally fascinating. What a wonderful discovery that was in your cup of tea.

Donna said...

Hello Dave and Welcome!
Love them both! Great shots...the first one is really beautiful!!
Happy weekend!
I'll have the next Challenge posted by Sun evening!

Al said...

Great Dave! I love that red mug, how'd you that?

Karen M said...

Love your creative pictures! Great job!

Anonymous said...

love the colours in your 1st pic...i would never have guessed that was tea...great shots!

Brenda said...

Thanks for joining us! Those are super macros for our ruby red challenge. Very creative!!

for 3 years when a teen, I lived below Linconshire, in Huntingdonshire/Cambridgeshire (which is it now?).

Dave Cawkwell said...

Thanks everyone. It's been great fun doing this challenge, as for the tea shot it was taken using a macro extender between my lens and camera supported on a mini tripod. As for the county below us here its called Cambridgeshire now. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Jeanne said...

I love them both. The liquid adds yes, panache to both of them. The drop that looks ready to fall on the rose and the bubbles in the tea. Great job!

Sheri said...

Great examples of red. The tea would make a cool background.

Out on the prairie said...

Great choices and I enjoyed looking through your blog. I am in the central US, so I write about peoples experience and my own settling in this area.I shoot mostly nature shots so enjoyed your people you have portrayed. Once in a while I do a wedding, party etc and forget what to look at at first.

Donna said...

That last picture was very clever of you! Great job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love the second shot!

Anonymous said...

Love the second shot!

Jeanette said...

GREAT macro photos! Those are the kind I would like to get!

Rock River Stitches said...

Both your pictures are very cool! Especially love the bubbles!

Tammy

SquirrelQueen said...

Great ruby reds, the water gives the red rose a whole different look. It looks almost ceramic. Great catch on the mug, love that shot.

CTG Ponies said...

LOVE the tea photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...