Header Challenge 29th September 2010.

This weeks header challenge has been chosen by Tom-fishing guy. He chose as the topic of our headers: ‘Water Reflection - Inanimate Object’.

Now I’ve shown lots of animate and inanimate objects and their reflections in yesterdays post on our river cruise in France. Today though is meant to be just inanimate objects as the subject matter of the photographs.

So continuing on from yesterdays river cruise post I bring you inanimate water reflections.

inanimate reflection-1-8

The obvious choice for inanimate objects reflecting in water is of course boats.

inanimate reflection-1

Buildings too give great reflections in water especially when it is as still as in the above photo.

inanimate reflection-1-4

Another building we saw as we enjoyed the river trip seemed to be all roof. Its roof line extended right down to the water, giving a shelter under its eaves to moor a boat.

inanimate reflection-1-3

Speaking of moorings for boats this simple post mooring was beautifully mirrored in the river.

inanimate reflection-1-2

What I found great about the river cruise was the blending of animate and inanimate objects along the river bank, proving that man can work with nature and not always against it.

inanimate reflection-1-7

The sometimes vibrant colour schemes of the homes along the river helped to add a bit of fun to the banks of the waterways.

Whether animate or inanimate objects as the subject of the view, I’m sure you’ll agree the river bank is certainly a nice place to be.

Why don’t you let me know via the comments what your favourite scene is from yesterdays and today's photos. Animate or inanimate?

You can also check out my fellow headbangers interpretations of this weeks theme. Just follow the links at the top of the right hand column.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,

4 comments:

Lanny said...

What lovely photos, yesterdays and today's. Very peaceful. Yesterday's reminded me of the mental pictures I had will reading a children's book to my girls, A Door in the Wall I think it was, but I may have that title mixed up with a different book. Any way a delightful trip, thank you.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dave: I must say that you certainly had a lot of neat shots from which to choose. My favorite from yesterday is the second one with the deep blue sky in the reflection.

Top Rated Cameras said...

Wonderful and stunning photos as always! I love water reflection photos! But my favorite is the last pic. I like the color combination of the house and trees. :)

I Heart Photography said...

Nice view of the country side, so inviting to look at and go to. Full of tranquility and sets up a relaxing mood. Keep posting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...