Black & White

Tom-fishing guy has drained the colour out of this weeks header challenge and has chosen “Black and White” as his theme.

He did give us lots of options saying it could be a black and white image or a colour photo of a black and white subject.

Well Tom, I hope you don’t mind but you have given me a good excuse to divulge myself in another of my hobbies, art.

Christine, over at Christine’s Arts revitalised my love of drawing a few months ago and I’ve been meaning to post a couple of my efforts ever since.

Daves Pencil Art-3 

This one is just a quick sketch I did trying to get the form and perspective of the face correct. I’ll let you decide how far out I am.

Daves Pencil Art-2

The next one is still quite rough, this time the subject is of a young child.

Finally I moved onto animals and tried my hand first at a dogs leg…

Daves Pencil Art

finishing off with the animal portrait in the centre of my header…

cat pencil drawing

I hope you’ve liked my take on black and white this week. It’s maybe been a little unconventional, but then it’s good to be different every now and again.

If you want to see what the other headbangers have thought up for the theme Black and White, then follow their links at the top of my right hand menu bar.

Remember you can see all my past headers by clicking on the Header Challenge 2011 or Header Challenge links at the top menu bar of my blog.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

imac said...

Very neat idea from an Artist my friend

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dave: Your true artist has appeared, very talented my friend.

SandyCarlson said...

You have talent to spare, my friend. Very nicely done! That sketch of the woman is intriguing. I am wondering where her thoughts are taking her!

KaHolly said...

How wonderful to explore your potential in such a way.

Unknown said...

Something I can't do for toffee. Although a few years ago I did attempt to draw the dole!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...